|The "Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana" is an ongoing program started by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, to encourage students of Basic Sciences, Engineering and Medicine to take up research careers in these areas. The aim of the program is to identify and encourage talented students with aptitude for research||3. Based on the performance in the aptitude test candidates will be called for an interview which is the final stage of the selection procedure.|
Project Stream [SP (Basic Sciences) and SP (Medicine)]
1. In this KVPY applicant has to submit the project report, chosen and executed by the candidate exclusively for this application.
2. The projects done jointly with other candidates are not considered for KVPY Fellowship award.
3. Applicant’s creativity and originality should be amply reflected in the project.
4. The project has to be supervised by a teacher/professional in the relevant field.
5. Based on the project submitted and scrutiny of application forms, short listed candidates will be called for an interview, which is the final stage of the selection procedure.
6. The interview will be conducted at IISc, Bangalore during the month of December 2010 or January 2011.
Please Note that applications without the project report will not be considered. The project should not be a routine one (such as measuring well known property of materials etc.) The supervising teacher / professional is required to provide a recommendation letter certifying the extent of the applicant’s original contribution to the project.
|Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is one of the most prestigious and the highest scholarship for high school, undergraduate and graduate studies in India in the fields of science, engineering and medicine. The scholarship is offered by the Department of Science and Technology and is intended to encourage students of Basic Sciences, Engineering and Medicine to take up research careers in these areas|
The scholarship is currently administered by the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
Eligibilty for Enrolment:-
Class XI (Stream SA) :
1. Enrolled in the XI Standard (Science Subjects) during the academic year 2010-2011.
2. Min. 75% (65% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate in MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE subjects in the X Standard Board Examination.
|Test Pattern: |
SUBJECTS COVERED: PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY, MATHS, BIOLOGY
|Class XII (+2) (Stream SB+2) :|
|1. Enrolled in Class 12 (+2) of the academic year 2010 - 2011 and aspiring to join undergraduate program in Basic Sciences (B.Sc/B.S./Intd. M.Sc) for the session 2011 - 2012|
2. Min. of 75% (65% for SC/ST) marks aggregate in MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE subjects in the X Standard Board Examination.
|Ist year of B. Sc./B.S./Intd. M.Sc. (Stream SB):||Interview: |
This is the Last Stage in KVPY. The weightage of Intreview is 50% in KVPY.
1. Rs. 4000 per month and a Rs. 16000 annual book grant for the two years of senior secondary school (+2).
2. Rs. 5000 per month and a Rs. 20000 annual book grant for the three years of B.Sc.
3. Rs. 7000 per month and a Rs. 28000 annual book grant for M.Sc./first two years of Integrated Ph.D.
|1. Enrolled in 1st year B. Sc./B.S./Intd. M.Sc. during the academic year 2010–2011 .|
2. Min. 60% (50% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate in SCIENCE subjects in the XII standard Board Examination.
|Through Project (Stream SP)||For engineering students :|
|Class XI :||For 2 nd and 3 rd year : Rs. 5000 per month and a annual book grant of Rs. 20000|
For subsequent years : Rs. 7000 per month and annual book grant of Rs. 28000
|1. Enrolled in XI Standard (Science Subjects) during the academic year 2010-2011|
2. Min. 60% (50% for SC/ST) marks in agg. n MATHEMATICS & SCIENCE subjects in the X Standard Board Examination.
|Class XII (+2) :||For Medicine students :|
|1. Enrolled in Class 12 (+2) of the academic year 2010 - 2011 and aspiring to join undergraduate program in Basic Sciences (B.Sc/B.S./Intd. M.Sc) for the session 2011 - 2012.|
2. Min. 60% (50% for SC/ST) marks agg. in MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE subjects in the X Standard Board Examination.
|For 2nd and 3rd year : Rs. 5000 per month and a annual book grant of Rs. 20000|
For subsequent years : Rs. 7000 per month and annual book grant of Rs. 28000.
(These felloships are for Indian Nationals for Study in India only.)
|Ist year of B. Sc./B.S./Intd. M.Sc. :||Points to remember:|
|1. Enrolled in 1st year B.Sc./ B.S./ Intd. M.Sc. during the academic year 2010–2011.|
2. Min. of 60% (50% for SC/ST) marks in agg. in SCIENCE subjects in the XII Standard Board Examination.
1. Each Stream has its own application form. Students who wish to apply for more thwn one stream should submit separate applications.
2. Applicants may aaply either by hard copy or online. (www.iisc.ernet.in)
3. Application forms may be down loaded from the KVPY website. Those who are unable to do so, may request for a hard copy.
4. Hard copy of the application form can be obtained from KVPY on request by sending a fix amount towards processing fee. (Processing fee for General & SC/ST candidates may very).
5. The SC/ ST candidates should provide a copy of the caste certificate issued by the competent authority in the prescribed proforma.
* Girls Students are exempted from the payment of processing
6. The completed application form along with the
(i) Caste certificate in the case of SC/ST candidate.
(ii) Project report in the case of SP/Basic Sciences/Medicine.
(iii) Copy of the marks statement of the qualifying examinations in the case of Stream SP .
(iv) The original copy of the challan of processing fee of Rs. 200/- (Rs. 100/- for SC/ST) should reach KVPY on or before 10.9.2010 (Friday).
7. KVPY will not be responsible for postal delays in receiving completed application.
8. Last date for receipt of the request for application form.
|A hard copy of an original and creative Science based research project is required to be submitted along with the application.|
|Note for Students applying for Stream SP :|
|1. This has been started in order to recognize and encourage creative and innovative talent of youngsters.|
2. The project carried out as part of this application should be based on novel and innovative ideas.
3. The project can be experimental or theoretical in nature.
4. However, the project must show that the applicant is creative and adventurous, and ready to explore.
5. The project should not merely reflect use of certain techniques or reporting of routine experimentation improvement of an existing product or a technique may be accepted provided such improvement involves original ideas and creativity.
6. One may try to incorporate some addition to the design or practical implementation that improves an existing technique.
"The main criteria that would be followed for selection for the interview would be originality and innovation. Only after these criteria are met, the level of sophistication and the nature of the project would be taken into consideration."
|1. Stream EA: This is for students joining I year B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch. A research project is required.|
2. Stream EB: This is for Students joining second year B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch. A research project is required.
|1.Basic Sciences (SA - Class XI , SB+2 - Class XII and SB - Ist year of B. Sc./B.S./Intd. M.Sc.) Written aptitude test is conducted (both in Hindi and English).|
2. The test will be conducted at different centers across the country on 31st October 2010. The details of the venue of the aptitude tests will be put on to the KVPY website in October 2010.
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY)
Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore 560012
Ph. No. : 080-22932975 / 76, 23601008 | Fax No. : 080-23601215
Email : email@example.com
For more details visit : www.iisc.ernet.in/kvpy